- Provide IGES with a “Notice of Intent” that you plan to submit a product(s) to the review (this is optional, but strongly encouraged.) A list of information to include can be found on the Call for Products.
- Login or create a login account.
- Click "Create a new product submission form."
- Create and complete a Product Submission form online for each product you are submitting for review. Note: Please be as detailed as possible. Reviewers will see this form, so providing complete information will provide them with background information that may not be apparent from the product and assist them with their review. Note: You may save your form at any time and return to finish it later. Once you click "Submit for Review," the form is locked and may not be edited.
- If you are submitting a physical product for review, please 10 ten copies to John Ensworth (507 Cherrywood Drive, Longmont, CO 80504).
- You will be contacted after the panel review with the results.
- If this is your first time submitting a product to the NASA SMD Product Review, we encourage you to watch these tutorials for helpful information.
- Participate in an Instructional Teleconference (if necessary) – If you are new to the review process, or if it has been more than a year since you last participated in a review, you will be asked to participate in an instructional teleconference. The purpose of this initial conference call is to review instructions, materials, and answer any questions you may have. You will be e-mailed directly regarding the schedule and instructions for your teleconference.
- Login or create a login account. You will see the panel(s) and product(s) you are assigned to review.
- Review science education materials and complete evaluation forms* – Upon login you will see a list of the products you are to review. Click "Edit/Complete Review Form" to evaluate each product. Please evaluate the materials based upon the following scale, in response to the criteria provided. Reviewer comments should be written in the space following each criterion. Please be as specific as possible.
Outstanding … Numerous examples/evidence consistently found throughout the materials.
Very Good … Numerous examples/evidence found in some components of the materials.
Good … Some examples/evidence found throughout the materials.
Fair … Some examples/evidence found in some components of the materials.
Poor … Little or no examples/evidence found in the materials.
*You may access current versions of each review form via the main navigation bar above. These are provided as a resource, and for those who wish to enter their responses into a Microsoft Word document prior to using the online form. However, we do ask that you submit all final reviews through the Web site.
- Tips: Web browsers are unpredictable, which is why we recommend you:
- Take a test drive – login, start a form, savd it and re-open. This takes just a few minutes, and is a good test run to make sure your system works with the online forms.
- Save early and often – if left unattended, your review sessions can time out. Do not let this happen to you. It's a good idea to do an initial save early in a session, and again at least every 10 minutes.
- Technical difficulties – If you have any technical difficulties with the Web site or online forms, please contact us (email@example.com)
- Resources to assist in your review:
- Product Submission Forms - Be sure to read through these forms! The product developer provides important information describing their product, identifying the target audience, how it has been evaluated, and background information/notes helpful for the review process.
- Tutorials - The tutorials feature an introduction to the review process and how to get started with your review.
- Please submit your Review Forms on time. We ask that you submit your reviews by the given deadline in order to keep us on track for creating summary documents, scheduling the teleconference and getting the review results to developers.
- Schedule Teleconference – You will be sent a direct e-mail about scheduling your panel telecon sometime during the review process. We use Doodle (link to http://www.doodle.com/) as our scheduler – please visit the Web site if you are unfamiliar with this platform.
- Participate in Your Panel Teleconference - Following completion of individual reviews, a panel teleconference will convene reviewers to discuss their individual assessments. The panel teleconference will last approximately 2 hours (depending on the number of products).
- Five minutes prior to the teleconference start time, dial 1.877.633.9743 (this is a toll-free phone number). Please call from a landline, not a cell phone.
- Passcode: 8226297
- Note: Times are all set in Eastern Standard Time.